COMMUNITY SUPPORTED AGRICULTURE
It takes a farm to support a community...
And a community to support a farm.
SUMMER CSA PROGRAM
Our 2020 summer CSA program has now ended for the season.
Below are the details of how our program ran this year, so if you are interested in becoming a CSA member next season, have a read to learn what the program is all about and be sure to get on our email list to be the first to know when sign-up opens for 2021 shares.
We are really excited to share this years CSA program details!
We have more shares available than last year, and we've made some cool improvements + additions to the program. The membership guidelines are stated in the sign-up form, and all CSA members receive a copy via email.
- Full, Half and UnBoxed shares available for 2020;
- Payment is required upon confirmation of application (option for payment plan);
- Early Bird Deadline is February 20, 2020.
- Choose your size of share:
* FULL SHARE - 18 weeks / 1 box per week - $550
* HALF SHARE - 9 weeks / 1 box bi-weekly - $300
* prices include 2 reusable shopping bags
* add $15 for our new zero-plastic option, and we'll provide reusable containers for greens.
* average box value $30/week (box size starts smaller in early summer, and
grow to larger sizes in the fall)
- Choose your pickup location, to remain the same for the season:
* Thursday farmers' market, downtown Rossland between 3:00-6:00 PM
* Saturday farm stand, 2302 Happy Valley Road between 9:30 - 3:00 PM
- Starts Thursday/Saturday JUNE 18/20.
- Each box will be packed with a good variety of seasonally available vegetables and fresh herbs. All boxes will have at least two varieties of fresh greens. Boxes will contain 7 - 12 items, and will vary seasonally from week to week.
- All members receive our new digital recipe book, full of seasonal recipes to enjoy throughout the year!
- You choose your investment, $50 - $500;
- Your investment acts as a farm credit, so when you come to shop you don't need to bring cash! Just make your selections and we deduct the total from your credit and tell you your remaining balance.
- Choose when and where you shop with us: either at the Thursday farmers' markets in Rossland or at our Saturday Farm Stand;
- Punch Card credits must be used within the farmers' market season, between Thursday May 14 and Thursday October 29. No balances will be carried forward or transferred after this point.
- Enjoy the flexibility of purchasing whatever you want, whenever you want while still supporting our farm through the CSA model, which has become an integral part of our operations.
WHAT IS CSA?
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture which is a program that connects eaters and farmers more intimately in a way that sees eaters subscribing to a portion of the farms harvest. When you become a member of a CSA program you are purchasing a "share" of the harvest from a local farmer.
This program offers benefits to both farmers and eaters alike. In this shared benefit-risk model eaters are investing in their farm at a time of the year when expenses for farmers are very high and incoming revenue is very low. This allows the farmer to make better investments into their farm in the spring when they need to the most.
Eaters benefit from the program by "owning" a share of the fresh and nutritious crops from that years harvest. Eaters also get to learn more in-depthly about where their food comes from, how it is produced and who is producing it. Eaters and farmers develop closer relationships that see everyone deepening their connections with the food they eat. It's a win-win for everyone!
Every Fall we through a members exclusive Harvest Celebration, where we invite you to the farm to celebrate the season with us over good food, friends and a farm tour!
WINTER MICROGREENS CSA PROGRAM
Our 2020 Fall/Winter Microgreens CSA is now OPEN for sign-ups until Tuesday October 27th. Sign-up now for fresh delivery to your door for 8 weeks starting in November and running through until the end of the year.
2020 PROGRAM DETAILS:
We deliver from Warfield up to Red/Black Jack and anywhere in Rossland. We can arrange to have one pickup spot in Trail, Castlegar, Nelson or Sproule Creek if we have a minimum of 5 participants interested.
Program runs from November 11 through until December 30 - 8 weeks of delivery. We will deliver once per week on Wednesday mornings. Delivery time is weather dependent - we will always come, but sometimes we're a bit slower if the roads are tricky because of weather.
DEADLINE TO SIGN-UP : TUESDAY OCTOBER 27th!
We have unlimited shares available this year!
Small CSA Share - $125 (includes a one time $5 delivery fee)
Receive $15 worth of microgreens each week, two different varieties. (equivalent to two large bags / week)
Large CSA Share - $195 (save $5!)
Receive $25 worth of microgreens each week, four different varieties. (equivalent to four large bags / week)
**The large share may seem like a large amount of greens, but there are so many of you out there that eat this much on a weekly basis we decided to create a large share to accommodate. Remember - microgreens are pretty much the only local green you can get at this time of year.... and they are most certainly the most nutrient-dense!! So, don't be afraid of this large option, we'll give you a good mix of varieties to enjoy. Get your greens in ya!!
Returning winter CSA members will recall that we always offer weekly add-ons to your already pre-paid for microgreens. We will continue to offer add-ons, however, now all add-ons will be available for purchase through our online farm store. Add-ons will include fall vegetables, eggs, honey, preserves, zerowaste farmcrafted bodycare and wellness products and more. Add-on orders that are received by Monday of each week will automatically be added on to your Wednesday delivery. We accept debit or credit card through our online store or you can opt to send us an etransfer instead.