CSA : COMMUNITY SUPPORTED AGRICULTURE
2020 SUMMER CSA PROGRAM
Our 2020 program is OPEN for sign-ups!
We have limited shares, so if you are interested, avoid disappointment by registering today. Sign-up and pay in full by February 20th and receive a fresh and delicious appreciation gift!
We are really excited to share this years CSA program details!
We have more shares available than last year, and we've made some cool improvements + additions to the program. The membership guidelines are stated in the sign-up form, and all CSA members receive a copy via email.
- Full, Half and UnBoxed shares available for 2020;
- Payment is required upon confirmation of application (option for payment plan);
- Early Bird Deadline is February 20, 2020.
- Choose your size of share:
* FULL SHARE - 18 weeks / 1 box per week - $550
* HALF SHARE - 9 weeks / 1 box bi-weekly - $300
* prices include 2 reusable shopping bags
* add $15 for our new zero-plastic option, and we'll provide reusable containers for greens.
* average box value $30/week (box size starts smaller in early summer, and
grow to larger sizes in the fall)
- Choose your pickup location, to remain the same for the season:
* Thursday farmers' market, downtown Rossland between 3:00-6:00 PM
* Saturday farm stand, 2302 Happy Valley Road between 9:30 - 3:00 PM
- Starts Thursday/Saturday JUNE 18/20.
- Each box will be packed with a good variety of seasonally available vegetables and fresh herbs. All boxes will have at least two varieties of fresh greens. Boxes will contain 7 - 12 items, and will vary seasonally from week to week.
- All members receive our new digital recipe book, full of seasonal recipes to enjoy throughout the year!
- You choose your investment, $50 - $500;
- Your investment acts as a farm credit, so when you come to shop you don't need to bring cash! Just make your selections and we deduct the total from your credit and tell you your remaining balance.
- Choose when and where you shop with us: either at the Thursday farmers' markets in Rossland or at our Saturday Farm Stand;
- Punch Card credits must be used within the farmers' market season, between Thursday May 14 and Thursday October 29. No balances will be carried forward or transferred after this point.
- Enjoy the flexibility of purchasing whatever you want, whenever you want while still supporting our farm through the CSA model, which has become an integral part of our operations.
WHAT IS CSA?
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture which is a program that connects eaters and farmers more intimately in a way that sees eaters subscribing to a portion of the farms harvest. When you become a member of a CSA program you are purchasing a "share" of the harvest from a local farmer.
This program offers benefits to both farmers and eaters alike. In this shared benefit-risk model eaters are investing in their farm at a time of the year when expenses for farmers are very high and incoming revenue is very low. This allows the farmer to make better investments into their farm in the spring when they need to the most.
Eaters benefit from the program by "owning" a share of the fresh and nutritious crops from that years harvest. Eaters also get to learn more in-depthly about where their food comes from, how it is produced and who is producing it. Eaters and farmers develop closer relationships that see everyone deepening their connections with the food they eat. It's a win-win for everyone!
Every Fall we through a members exclusive Harvest Celebration, where we invite you to the farm to celebrate the season with us over good food, friends and a farm tour!
2019 + 2020 WINTER MICROGREENS CSA PROGRAM
Our 2020 Microgreens CSA is now closed + running. Sign up to our mailing list to learn about next winter's programs, and stay tuned in the Fall for more information.
2020 PROGRAM DETAILS:
We deliver from Warfield up to Red/Black Jack and anywhere in Rossland. We can arrange to have one pickup spot in Trail if we have a minimum of 5 participants interested.
Program runs from Thursday January 9 - Thursday February 27. We deliver once per week on Thursdays between 1:00 - 4:30 pm. Delivery time is weather dependent - we will always come, but sometimes we're a bit slower if the roads are tricky.
DEADLINE TO SIGN-UP : SUNDAY DECEMBER 22nd!
We have 40 shares available this year!
Program Option #1 - $100
Receive 16 bags of microgreens, 2 bags per week ($6/bag + $4 delivery charge)
Program Option #2 - $142
Receive 24 bags of microgreens, 3 bags per week ($6/bag + $4 delivery charge)
(1 free bag included with this option)
*NEW* Program Option #3 - $52
Receive 8 bags of microgreens, 2 bags delivered *biweekly* ($6/bag + $4 delivery charge) - Microgreens stay fresh in your fridge's crisper for 2+ weeks!
* microgreens are $6/bag. Size of bag varies depending on individual variety cost.
Each week you will have the option to add on extra items to your weekly delivery. Our weekly availability of add-ons will be emailed out on Sunday mornings prior to Thursdays delivery. All add-on orders must be submitted by Tuesday of that week. Add-ons can be paid either by etransfer or cash on delivery. Add-ons can include: fresh veggies from the garden, Farmhouse Pantry specialty preserves, and home-baked pies, muffins, energy balls, crackers and healthy sweets (and Holiday Gift Baskets in December!).