CSA : COMMUNITY SUPPORTED AGRICULTURE
2019 + 2020 Winter Greens CSA Program
We are stoked to bring back our winter delivery program for the third winter, and this year we've created two program sessions for a total of 16 weeks of fresh greens delivered to your door! Read below for all the details and sign-up information.
TWO PROGRAM SESSIONS:
2019 Winter Greens CSA: Thursday November 7 - Friday December 27 (currently running!)
2020 Winter Greens CSA: Thursday January 9 - Thursday February 27 (SIGN-UP OPEN NOW!!)
2020 PROGRAM DETAILS:
We deliver from Warfield up to Red/Black Jack and anywhere in Rossland. We can arrange to have one pickup spot in Trail if we have a minimum of 5 participants interested.
Program runs from Thursday January 9 - Thursday February 27. We deliver once per week on Thursdays between 1:00 - 4:30 pm. Delivery time is weather dependent - we will always come, but sometimes we're a bit slower if the roads are tricky.
DEADLINE TO SIGN-UP : SUNDAY DECEMBER 22nd!
We have 40 shares available this year!
Program Option #1 - $100
Receive 16 bags of microgreens, 2 bags per week ($6/bag + $4 delivery charge)
Program Option #2 - $142
Receive 24 bags of microgreens, 3 bags per week ($6/bag + $4 delivery charge)
(1 free bag included with this option)
*NEW* Program Option #3 - $52
Receive 8 bags of microgreens, 2 bags delivered *biweekly* ($6/bag + $4 delivery charge) - Microgreens stay fresh in your fridge's crisper for 2+ weeks!
* microgreens are $6/bag. Size of bag varies depending on individual variety cost.
Available varieties will include:
Pea - 4oz
Fava Bean - 4 oz
Radish - 4 oz
Brassica Blend - 3 oz
*New* HHF Signature Micro Salad Mix - 4 oz
Seasonal Spicy Surprise - 2-4 oz (changes weekly: radish, arugula, wasabi, daikon)
Each week you will have the option to add on extra items to your weekly delivery. Our weekly availability of add-ons will be emailed out on Sunday mornings prior to Thursdays delivery. All add-on orders must be submitted by Tuesday of that week. Add-ons can be paid either by etransfer or cash on delivery. Add-ons can include: fresh veggies from the garden, Farmhouse Pantry specialty preserves, and home-baked pies, muffins, energy balls, crackers and healthy sweets (and Holiday Gift Baskets in December!).
2019 CSA PROGRAM
Our 2019 Summer CSA Program concluded at the end of October. Please read below to learn how this program works, and make sure you are on our mailing list for the new year!! We will release our 2020 Summer CSA Program in January and sign-ups will begin in February!!
We are really excited to share with you that we have three program options this year to cater to the needs of our community. Complete Membership Guidelines are stated in the sign-up form, and all CSA members receive a copy via email.
- All CSA members sign a program agreement form which states that you understand the program and that you agree to share the risks and challenges we face in growing food here in our mountain town. The agreement also states that you agree to pick up your box at the chosen location and that you will inform us in advance if you are away. Punch card members agree to use their farm credit within the specified time period. Our agreement form acknowledges our responsibility to our members also!
- 20 Box Shares and 15 Punch Card shares available for 2019;
- Payment is required upon confirmation of application (option for payment plan);
- Early Bird Deadline is February 15, 2019 [[receive a fresh thank-you in May!]]
- Choose your size of CSA share:
* FULL SEASON SHARE - 20 weeks / 1 box per week - $500
* HALF SEASON SHARE - 10 weeks / 1 box bi-weekly - $275
- Choose your pickup location, to remain the same for the season:
* Thursday farmers' market, downtown Rossland between 3:00-6:00 PM
* Saturday farm stand, 2302 Happy Valley Road between 9:00 - 3:00 PM
- Box option starts the first week of June 2019.
- Each box will be packed with a good variety of seasonally available vegetables and fresh herbs. All boxes will have at least one variety of fresh greens. Boxes will contain 8 - 12 items, and will vary from week to week
- A weekly recipe will be included in each box, to share some ideas from our kitchen to yours;
PUNCH CARD OPTION:
- You chose your investment, up to $250;
- Your investment acts as a farm credit, so when you come to shop you don't need to bring cash!
- Choose when and where you shop with us: either at the Thursday farmers' markets in Rossland or at our Saturday on-farm Farm Stand;
- Punch Card credits must be used within the farmers' market season, between Thursday May 16 and Thursday October 17. No balances will be carried forward or transferred after this point.
WHAT IS CSA?
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture which is a program that connects eaters with producers more intimately in a way that sees eaters subscribing to a portion of the farms harvest. When you become a member of a CSA program you are purchasing a "share" of the harvest from a local farmer.
This program offers benefits to both farmers and eaters alike. In this shared benefit-risk model eaters are investing in their farm at a time of the year when expenses for farmers are very high and incoming revenue is very low. This allows the farmer to make better investments into their farm in the spring when they need to the most.
Eaters benefit from the program by "owning" a share of the fresh and nutritious crops from that years harvest. Eaters also get to learn more in-depthly about where their food comes from, how it is produced and who is producing it. Eaters and farmers develop closer relationships that see everyone deepening their connections with the food they eat. It's a win-win for everyone!